About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December 21, 2011

As an adult, I have never had to deal with the death of somebody very close to me (besides my 18 year old dog... and that was difficult enough). I don't know what it feels like and I can't pretend to understand the loss. I am actually quite afraid of the day that I will have to experience it but I try not to let that cloud my thoughts.

I believe that if it gives somebody comfort to think that there is another realm, a place where their loved one's soul continues to reside, offering an opportunity to connect to a deeper source or a deeper part of Self, then so it is. Where is the harm in that? Just because somebody is no longer physically with us, it does not mean that we can no longer learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment