“Therapists are a dime a dozen.” This was a statement made about myself and the other girls that I work with. It is this precise statement that creates an incredibly low morale at the workplace. And just because nobody knows it was said does not mean it isn’t felt. Luckily, the person that said it means absolutely nothing to me but unfortunately, this statement is a reflection of what exists in the managerial world. It upsets me to think that anyone would think this about their employees and then wonder why productivity and attitudes are low. Have you ever felt empowered by your coach booing you from the sidelines? (I hope not or that analogy is moot). Everyone is so focused on making money, they are forgetting about the people who make the money for them. Well...I guess it's up to me to start the shift.

No comments:
Post a Comment