About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 11, 2011

The secret to getting what you want, is to ask for exactly what it is you want. Spending the holiday season without my family close by is difficult. Sometimes, I feel a little bit sad. Having a husband that doesn't celebrate the season like I do can also be challenging, but how is he supposed to know that? So, I told him. I told him that I am having a difficult time and I would really like for him to be with me this weekend doing  ... (whatever it is I wanted to do). He listened, he understood and he obliged. I have no interest in waiting for him to read my mind. I have interest in being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment