About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 9, 2011

Confidence. If you have to constantly tell everyone that you are confident, that is an absolute sign of insecurity. Confidence is an internal knowing, an understanding that you have with yourself. It does not involve anyone else. Confidence does not need to be spoken about, it is an energy that can be felt. There is a place inside that houses this feeling and sometimes it is hiding behind emotional walls that were built long ago. But if you even know what the word means, then you know what it feels like. Go there... to that place, to that time, when you felt the most confident... and dwell in it's silence.

Caution: please don't confuse confidence with cockiness. They are completely different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment