When Marc told me that I was being negative today and complaining about a lot of things and to just relax I immediately became confused. Yes, in fact, I was complaining and didn't really have anything positive to say in the last hour or so, but why did I have to "relax"? (It's such an annoying suggestion sometimes). I did not feel angry, melodramatic or wound up. I was simply getting things off my chest. I asked, "Have I been acting like this for a long time or something?" The answer was no. Well, then I feel like it is perfectly acceptable for me to explain how I am feeling without trying to create a solution, right?
We discussed further. I did not turn away (which I may have done in the past). Nobody was angry.
Here is what it came down to. Marc did not like to hear me complain about something he had no control over... my well being (my physical well being). So, he wanted me to relax so that he could relax and not worry. I get it. He loves me.
Passive aggressive behavior and/or a fight successfully averted!

No comments:
Post a Comment