About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011

"Silence is golden". I remember this sign hanging up in one of my elementary school classrooms. I thought it meant, be quiet so that the teacher doesn't have to yell at you (well, it probably did). But I know now the significance of silence and the impact it can have. It is in the silence and the stillness that I can hear everything. Everything that matters. All the noise of the world, the tv, the radio, the chatter keeps my mind busy with nonsense. It keeps me away from my thoughts and quite frankly, further away from the answer to anything at all. I dare you to drive one full day without the radio. How does it change the day. How do you treat your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment