I am planning a trip to Peru and stressing out about all of the things that I am not going to fit into our itinerary. What a brat, right? I am going to Peru and complaining about it. Silliness, I tell you!
But I have to ask myself... how am I doing this in my everyday life? On any given day, what fabulous details am I glossing over because I concern myself with the things that didn't happen? This is the only life I've got... why be so concerned with what I'm missing? I don't know the difference anyway. Perhaps I think "if only this would have happened, everything would be perfect". I am too smart to know that's just not true. Here's the new thought... "Look what I get to do!"
But I have to ask myself... how am I doing this in my everyday life? On any given day, what fabulous details am I glossing over because I concern myself with the things that didn't happen? This is the only life I've got... why be so concerned with what I'm missing? I don't know the difference anyway. Perhaps I think "if only this would have happened, everything would be perfect". I am too smart to know that's just not true. Here's the new thought... "Look what I get to do!"

No comments:
Post a Comment