Happy 32nd Birthday to me!!!
My sister jokingly said to me today, "Why don't you do something different and treat yourself today"... the joke being that I regularly treat myself so my birthday doesn't need to be my reason for such activities. I cannot wait around all year to have one day to pamper myself, I like to celebrate me all year round.
I feel like so many people see their birthday as the climax of the year. It gets built up as it gets closer only to start declining the next day. I challenge this practice. I like to see it as the springboard into a whole new fascinating time! An opportunity to jump to the next level. 32... I'm feelin' ya!
My sister jokingly said to me today, "Why don't you do something different and treat yourself today"... the joke being that I regularly treat myself so my birthday doesn't need to be my reason for such activities. I cannot wait around all year to have one day to pamper myself, I like to celebrate me all year round.
I feel like so many people see their birthday as the climax of the year. It gets built up as it gets closer only to start declining the next day. I challenge this practice. I like to see it as the springboard into a whole new fascinating time! An opportunity to jump to the next level. 32... I'm feelin' ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment