About Me
- Jamie
- My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!
Sunday, July 3, 2011
July 3, 2011
The simple life IS the extravagant life. I do believe that simplifying takes a little bit more effort and concentration, especially in a land that values the idea that if you have more, you are more (I wonder if that really ever worked for anyone). Being attached to and defined by our possessions is an incredibly stressful place to be, no? I am not against the actual purchasing of "things", that would be craziness. I like "things" too. However, the challenge lies in not placing self value in these items. We are worth so much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment