About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

The importance of personal quiet time should not be underestimated. And the excuse of "I don't have the time" is not allowed. Everyone has 5 minutes to sit alone, close your eyes, try not to move and simply breathe. I find that the more I offer myself this opportunity, the more I crave it. In a world of constant stimulation, my brain and my senses can use a little break. It's the greatest guilt free gift I can offer myself every single day. I have never finished a meditation with "well shit... that was a waste of my time!" Now, how many tv shows can you say that about?

No comments:

Post a Comment