About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 15, 2011

Reading magazines is a sure fire way to make somebody feel like their life is not good enough. Today, I read that you can fire up your morning romance by mixing sugar and honey together, then applying it to your partners lips with the fleshy side of a halved grape... as a clever way to exfoliate and hydrate your lips, of course. Don't get me wrong, I will probably be scrubbing my whole body with sugar and honey tomorrow morning... alone. I am not sure that sloughing off my dead skin is an activity I need Marc to be a part of.

I believe that romance is highly subjective and changes as the relationship grows. I used to have an idealized view of what it was and often felt let down because my outrageous expectations were never met (how could Marc not know to secretly take dance classes so that he could pull me up on to the dance floor and whisk me away?). Romance is so much more than that... and so much simpler at the same time. It's in a look, or a word and one of my favorites... a random hug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment