About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

September 26, 2011

The moment I realized I did not have any form of ID on me, my heart sank and I went into a state of panic. See, the train to Machu Picchu was coming in approximately 35 minutes, the hotel was 20 minutes away and I was not allowed on said train without an ID. My ability to remain calm was non existent. Missing this train equaled missing Machu Picchu. While Marc ran around asking questions and getting no answers, I thought of how I was going to tell the hotel staff, in Spanish, to get my passport out of my suitcase and send it in a taxi. People didn't seem to be particularly helpful or knowledgable so I only had one choice. I knew it would be tricky but it had to happen... "DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHONE?!!!!" Yes, I stood outside and yelled this with panic in my voice. Did it work? Absolutely. 

Turns out that a credit card is an acceptable form of ID. My lesson: always have identification with me AND... when in doubt (and in a time crunch), yell out into the crowd exactly what you are asking for. Somebody is bound to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment