About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 12, 2011

Have you ever met someone with a heart so big, you’re not sure how they contain it in their body? My friend Nie is truly an inspiration. She is one of the founders of TAFCOM and wants nothing more than for everyone to have an opportunity in this world for something better. And who doesn’t want that, right? The difference is, she acts on it. TAFCOM assists over 50 families dealing with the effects of HIV, 40+ children in daycare, and 10 tailors in training. And without steady donations coming in, Nie and her husband Jonas, often use their own money to support their clientele base. Her strength of heart and selfless nature are what encouraged me to take this path. My job is easy… get some money moving in that direction. I believe that together, we have the resources to initiate big changes.


So, I didn't take this photo but I did initiate it and it was with my camera... that's counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment