About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 8, 2011

So I was strolling through the Maasai Market in Arusha today when I happened upon a young gent (let's say he was mid 30's). He was frantically walking through the aisles and stalls searching for something. Now let me tell you, this market can be outrageously overwhelming. With each step you take there are four people trying to sell you something for a significantly higher price than what it is worth. But... this is what they do. They expect the bargaining. It is how the process works and I'm sure it has been this way for a very long time. This man wanted it to be be different. Demanding final prices, declaring he doesn't have any time, becoming angry at their practices. Guess what he left with? Nothing! Sir, why not just give it a try... throw out the price you want to pay and see what happens. Why fight against the flow? And why get mad at the flow and the other people in it?

Just remain calm and ask for what it is you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment