About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 18, 2011

Today was the first day I worked out in over three weeks. I missed it. My body missed it. And despite the fact that I could have fallen asleep in a heartbeat if I wanted to, I got my butt up and out. Physical activity is therapeutic for me... healing, really. When I feel stuck in an emotional or mental state, movement pushes me forward. When my body is challenged, my brain is freed from the constant chatter and a new thought pattern has space to emerge. There was a time that I thought something was wrong with me because my words rarely captured my thought process and the way I was feeling. Then I realized, there are so many more ways to let that ish out!

No comments:

Post a Comment