"It's OK to cry. Crying is a special thing to do"... these are the words my sister, Caryn, used to sing to me when I was a little girl. And you know what? It's just so true! Today, I watched a Ted Danson movie that made me cry. Then, I got in the car and "Firework" by Katy Perry came on and yet again, I cried. Yes, I am aware that one would not generally cry at such a song but for some reason, the moment was right. I don't know why exactly I was crying and I don't care to know why either. What I do know is that when I was done I felt so much better! Sometimes, crying is just energy being shifted or released. It does not always need to be understood, talked about or 'psychologized', but let go. So, liberate those tears and cry... it really is a special thing to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment