About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 8, 2011

As I clear my bookshelves preparing to get rid of books that I have already read or will never read (a task I take great joy in), I realize there is much more depth to this process than just getting rid of "stuff". The physical clearing of excess to create more free space is an absolute metaphor for my desire to clear the excess in my brain. Owning more than I need gives me a sense of imbalance, so I like to shed the unnecessary bits and pieces (yes, a television is unnecessary but we'll keep that until I am a much more enlightened being). This concept is exactly my goal with my current state of mind... shed the unwanted, misdirected bits and pieces! I am feeling out of alignment, my feelings are not matching my actions and my body is not matching my... well, my expectations, I suppose. I recognize that balance is at the very core of living peacefully and that this may be one of the greatest challenges for many people. But who says that finding balance has to be so flippin' stressful?... that doesn't even make any sense. If it's going to constantly be a factor in my life, well then I want it to be graceful and easy. And if I am the one making the decision, then... so it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment