About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 27, 2011

We've all heard the word surrender, right? And some of us refuse to do it because they associate it with giving up. I would disagree.

Imagine you are getting a massage and with each touch you become tense and rigid. Is this relaxing or enjoyable? Probably not. Now imagine, with each touch your body melts into the table and you feel the flow of the movement - you trust that the therapist knows what they are doing. How does that feel? And, this my friends, is what it means to surrender. You are not surrendering into your negative thoughts or the job you hate, you are surrendering into the absolute love the undoubtedly is around you and within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment