About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011

Today, I was pulled into See's Candy by an unknown energetic force. Historically, these are my least favorite chocolates in the whole world but I was willing to give it a 222nd chance. I quickly learned it wasn't about the chocolate treat (although quite delicious). Being in this store was like entering a time of yesteryear when we headed down to the local soda shop wearing our poodle skirts and bobby socks hoping that Johnny was waiting at the jukebox. OK, so that wasn't my time, but I am totally sincere when I say that all my cares vanished when I walked into that shop.

This experience was necessary to solidify the feelings I was having all day. After a brief conversation about "The Recession", I was feeling guilty about my lack of understanding and my complete disinterest in the topic. Perhaps, it has effected me in ways that I am not sure about but even if I did know, am I supposed to act differently? Am I supposed to be miserable and scared for the future? How the heck would that serve me? In all my "naiveté", I have managed to buy a house, go to graduate school loan free, travel a whole bunch, donate and increase my business. I am not saying that a recession doesn't exist, but I might be questioning our approach to issue resolution. So, thank you See's for reminding me that life really can be simple and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment