About Me

My photo
My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 6, 2011

Today, in response to a statement about camping, I said "that's not my thing". Then I thought about it... "not my thing?" What does that even mean? I've hiked all night to climb a near vertical rock, went by myself to an extremely distant land staying in a mountain-lodge-type-thing with no hot water or electricity and spent a month living out of a backpack sleeping on night trains. And, camping... camping isn't my thing? I think its about time to let go of that silly little story. I have absolutely NO idea if I like camping or not. I have surprised myself throughout my life with the activities I enjoy doing and I now choose not to close myself off to new experiences by preemptively making ridiculous statements.

There was a time when I said I couldn't even take care of a plant... I even killed a fake plant. But look at this sprawling beauty. I'm a regular green thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment