About Me
- Jamie
- My intention... to share a daily appreciation for the beauty, joy and humor that I experience in my life. Every day this year, I will attempt to take a picture of something that I think is beautiful, makes me smile, inspires me, or brings me joy. 2011, I welcome you with open arms. This is going to be a year full of wonder!... I can just feel it!
Friday, February 25, 2011
February 24, 2011
Riding on the dala dala (Tanzanian's public transportation) is excessively hot, cramped and uncomfortable. Now, I can choose to fight it, complain and continiue to be miserable or I can surrender to it, relax my body, know that I am hot and know that there is an end is sight. I mean, there IS a nice breeze coming in through the window. Who knew that a 13 passenger van that carts around 30 people at a time would be an analogy for life's little situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You didn't have to go all the way to Tanzania to feel hot and crowded on public transportation. You could have just taken a ride cross town on the N or R train in NYC. I am pretty certain you would get the same experience. No one speaks English on these trains either.
ReplyDelete