To judge or not to judge...sometimes that is the question. It took me my entire first year of graduate school to finally realize what it means to judge someone, something, anything at all. And here I am, questioning it all over again. What better opportunity to be challenged than when i am out of my usual environment. So lets go over this again. A judgment will disturb my peace, bring about an uncomfortable feeling or a feeling of upset. A judgment is often of way of making me right and somebody else wrong. Observing, wondering, and asking questions is completely different. Am I trying to justify myself here? Also a good question. But, I don't believe that I am. To judge is to be judged, right? And let me be honest here, I am not trying to say that every one of my thoughts s pure and judgement free (that would be crazy talk). Sometimes, yes there is an opportunity to see how I am judging myself but using others as a sounding board. And sometimes, I'm just curious and thinking... "hmmm, I wonder what's going on over there."
I bet you're wondering what event led to this topic of conversation, huh?

No comments:
Post a Comment